#ThrowbackThursday Constructed in 1853 as the Insane Asylum of California at 510 East Magnolia Street, land donated by Captain Weber. It was one of the first facilities of its kind in the West and played a major role in developing California’s mental health system. Hospitals were incapable of caring for the large number of people who suffered from mental and emotional conditions from the Gold Rush. Today, home to CSU Stanislaus - Stockton Center.
Find more by tapping #StocktonHistory. (at CSU Stanislaus - Stockton Campus)